PUBLICATION OF “THE HISTORY OF ALLIANCE” 1970-2020
Issuance Date: 21 April 2020 [ DOWNLOAD FORM HERE ]
Closing date/ Time for submission of expression of interest: The deadline for submission of Expression of Interest is Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 5.00pm East African Time (GMT +3hrs).
Subject: Request for Expressions of Interest 202004-01
The purpose of this announcement is to solicit Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the engagement of qualified individuals, businesses or organizations for authorship and publishing of the second edition of “The History of Alliance” book.
Alliance High School, Kikuyu (AHS) was the first school in Kenya to offer secondary school education to Africans. It was founded on 1 March 1926 by the Alliance of Protestant Churches. Alliance High School Old Boys Club (AHS OBC) is the alumni association of the Alliance High School, Kikuyu, Kenya. The Club was registered under the Societies Act on 23rd June 1959.
- Background, Project objectives and Expected Results
The first edition of the History of Alliance was written by JS Smith in 1970. The purpose of the second edition will be to capture the history of the school for the period 1970-2020, as the School prepares for centennial celebrations in 2026.
The second edition will be 200-300 pages in size B5 or A4. AHS OBC invites Expression of Interest for the following roles towards publishing the book:
- Authorship – The author(s) will review records of the school as well as interview former Headmasters, staff and old boys. In addition, the authors will supplement the material obtained with third party sources.
- Printing – The printer(s) will deliver good quality of requested copies of the book in timely manner.
- Marketing – The Marketer(s) will be responsible for execution of strategies to market and sell the book to old boys, staff, parents and the general public.
Proceeds from the book will be used to support needy students at Alliance High School through the Endowment Fund.
This request is open to individuals, partnerships, companies, not for profit and for profit organizations. In particular old boys, staff (and former staff) of AHS as well as organizations associated with old boys are invited to apply for this EOI.
- Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) of interested persons should clearly and concisely state the proposed service offerings in support of the objectives of the Project as set forth in Sections 1 and 2 of this solicitation. All EOIs must be submitted in the Expression of Interest Format included in Appendix A of this solicitation. Applicants are also required to submit a Proposed Work Plan and a Preliminary Budget in the format provided in Appendices B and C.
Interested persons should submit written EOIs to the AHS OBC Secretariat electronically, via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 21st May 2020 at 5.00pm East African Time (GMT +3hrs).
- Evaluation and selection
AHS OBC Executive Committee will review the EOIs submitted according to the timelines prescribed. The Committee will score EOI based on technical approach (60 Points); Staffing/ Management plan (20 Points); Past experience (10 Points); and Association with AHS (10 Points). Should your EOI be accepted, you will be invited to submit a proposal will lead to a firm contract with the AHS OBC.
- Expression of interest form
- Proposed Project Work Plan
- Preliminary Budget
Please provide copies of the following documents with this duly filled application form:
- Business/ Company Registration Certificate
- PIN registration or equivalent
- Quality Assurance certificate or equivalent
- Summary of Annual Reports for the last 3 years
- Company profile
- Product catalogue