The OBC coast chapter met on the 11th of November 2022, the main purpose of the meeting was to celebrate the appointment of Mr. Henry Kazungu Lughanje, Livingstone house class of 1981, as the Kilifi County Attorney.
a total of 12 members attended and there were several apologies. However Mr. Kazungu could not attend as he was engaged with the governor on that day the meeting went on.
we had a discussion session where the following action point were recorded:
- Develop an action fund that will be used to assit needy coast students at AHS and support any other project that will be identified by the members.
- Establish a calender of main meeting dates which shall be held quartely, other meetings to be held as and when the need arise.
- Members are requested to assist and whip in silent members whom they can reach and encourage them to attend the club meetings and functions.
- Arrangements to be made to visit the Maneno’s old boys and former principal.
- Mr. Joel Kuplia introduced a bussiness proposal for purchase of land at Watamu. These are quater acre plots where buyers can have a controlled development of units that can then jointly form a resort. The vendor has offered a special price for OBC members.
- Mr. Nyule from Mfano NGO presented their objectives to enhance capacity of maize farmers at the coast through enhanced farming methods, common harvesting of produce, processing at NGO estblished factory and marketing finished products. He was asked to upload the brochure on the OBC platform for participation by other members not present in the meeting.